Thursday, May 1, 2008

Indian Food: 100 Me: 0

Last night Tina and I went to dinner at Rucci, our favorite Indian place.

I had always suspected that Indian food could veganize rather easily, then I saw this link. http://www.vegkansascity.com/restaurants.html

In it, the site says that Rucci has the largest vegan menu in the city. I was hooked.

The only problem, and it's one that I cannot seem to get around, is that even when vegan, Indian food is NOT healthy. The samosans are fried. The fried veggies...fried (shocker, I know.) But even the food, though not cooked in ghee or coconut oil (a.k.a. vegetarian ghee), is heavy and greasy.

I could barely enjoy my meal. I just felt heavy. My stomach was upset and my feet hurt. I don't know why they hurt, I fear it's a condition, but being an American male, I refuse to go to the doctor. I do know that when I don't eat like crap, they don't hurt.

Exercise
I exercised today. That's two days in a row. As long as I hit the gym tomorrow, I am going to count moving on Saturday as a day of lifting exercise. That will be four days of weight training with Monday spent cardio for a total of five.

Week 1...Mission Accomplished.

No comments: