Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 5 Recap

Tonight, we had dinner at Aladdin's Cafe, a Mediterrean restaurant that has a good grasp on what is vegan and how to modify dishes to be vegan.

We ate family style with three entrees between us (our friend joined us.) We have a cauliflower dish that was okay, a rice/lentil dish that was pretty good, but the star of the show was the falafel (yes, it's fried, I only had 1/2 of a piece.) It was the best falafel I've ever had bar none, hand's down. The Baba ghanoush was also suprisingly good.

The dolmas were good, but a bit minty. The hummus was excellent.

And it was all vegan.

The odd thing was that both Indian food and Mediterrean food use a lot of olive oil. However, after eating tonight I didn't feel sick after eating the food. Either I had too much fried food at Rucci or there's something about the fact that the olive oil is drizzled on the food rather than heated. I am not sure. Either way, my stomach does not feel like it is trying to crawl out of my body right now.

I consider that a good thing.

Exercise Report
Today was arm day and I actually made it down there. I was really pleased with myself.

When it comes to strength training, I think I hate arms the most, mainly because my arms are so weak. Compared to my legs and chest and back, my arms are puny. Even when I was benching 250 and deadlifting and squatting well north of 425, I was curling maybe 95 pounds.

Still I try to use that as motivation.

I've also decided to work my obliques more, which I started today.

Guess what...I'm sore!

No comments: