Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo: 1 Me: 0

I started off week 2 with rather more of a whimper than I had hoped.

I stepped on the scale: 356.7...exactly 1.1 pounds lighter than I was when I started. So I guess that's good...but at the same time...I was hoping for more.

I attribute my less than hoped for weight loss to several factors:
1. I am strength training. The last time I lost a lot of weight, the first few weeks I gained weight on the scale because I was building muscle.
2. Mediterrean Food. Because so much of it is vegan, I ate eating Mediterrean food a lot last week. Both a lot and frequently in fact.

Which really brings me to point #3:
Portion Control. I am going to prove that no matter how I limit my dietary choices, I can still stay heavy if I don't control how much I eat. And that's kind of a sad fact, but if there's a way to eat unhealthy, I seem to be able to spot it.

So what I've decided is that each week I'll focus on one goal. Last week I focused on just being vegetarian. This week I am going to focus on sticking to a reasonable portion with one day where I eat as I please. Unfortunately...that day was today. Yay Cinco de Mayo! Yay vegetarian fajitas with no cheese or sour cream. Hooray vegan liquor.

Boo portion control tomorrow...

Exercise Report

Um...yeah... So at 10:45 my wife called me and asked me to come home and sort through some stuff at the old house so she could keep moving.

I had no choice. Then I had class. So...no exercise for me today. *Big sigh*

Fortunately, I got my shipment confirmation and my dumbbells are heading this way. Then I can exercise whenever I want.

Except after drinking vegan liquor.

No comments: