Thursday, May 15, 2008

Feeling A Lot Better Today

I'm pretty tired, but I feel a lot better.

I was supposed to have dinner tonight with friend Heidi, who has been both vegan guide and animal-free cheerleader on my vegan journey, but I canceled because I felt pretty crummy this morning. In the process of canceling, she gave me this recipe for sunny milk which is ridiculously healthy and serves as a base for things which fight colds. She recommended ginger which is supposed to increase blood flow (a great thing for getting toxins out of the blood.)

Even better, she was nice enough to let me share the recipe.
  • 1/3 to 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup ice
  • 2 tablespoons agave nectar (vegetarians could use honey)
  • 1/8 teaspoon mineral salt
  1. Blend and serve

This recipe will save for three days refrigerated in a glass jar.

Again, this recipe is just a base. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, even cayenne to kick up the flavor.

No comments: