Monday, April 28, 2008

Morning Day 1

I wanted to write an introductory post about getting things started earlier than today, but I barely got to the grocery store in time. I could not have chosen a more hectic time in my life to completely reinvent myself, but in some ways I think that's okay. I know I won't have a lot of time to sit around and do bordem eating and I like the challenge...

I am extremely scared of being vegan and I don't know why. I just know that while walking around Whole Foods yesterday, I wanted to be anywhere but there.

I think part of it was walking through the store and seeing how much I cannot eat... it's a bit daunting. However, I hope to use a lot of the intervening weeks to work on my vegan cookbook since, well, I have to eat vegan for the next 90 days anyway.

This is a big change for me, and for now it seems pretty insurmountable. Though I feel like it will be harder for me to keep up the exercise regimine than change my diet, but part of the reason I wanted to be vegan was to show one could do strength training and still be vegan.

In some ways, I am a little ashamed of how I started off this challenge. Instead of getting a ton of fresh fruit and vegetables at the store (I did get some), I bought granola and faux meats. My goal for myself is to gradually transition away from those staples and eat a diet that is more composed of raw and unprocessed foods. Stay tuned...

No comments: